Our MissionThe mission of the Self Storage Association (“Association”) is to promote the highest standards of professionalism, conduct, honesty, integrity and ethical business practices adhered to by Hardy's Self Storage; to provide leadership and support for the self storage industry in the United States and throughout the world; to address issues which specifically affect the self storage industry; to be the paramount resource for industry information, education, research, and technical expertise; and to enhance the quality and performance of self storage services and facilities.
Principles of EthicsThese Principles of Ethics are aspirational goals of professional conduct for Hardy’s Self Storage. Each Hardy’s Self Storage facility as a member of the Self Storage Association shall endeavor to:
- Operate its self storage business within accepted principles of professional business conduct;
- Engage in practices that promote the integrity of the Association and the self storage industry by adhering to a standard of excellence in customer service, promotion and marketing;
- Monitor industry developments to assure the availability to the public of quality facilities, services and products;
- Be an employer of choice for a highly diverse, best-in-class workforce, and act as an equal opportunity employer;
- Promote the self storage industry through improvements in operations for the benefit of customers, vendors and the public;
- Promote sound legislative proposals to improve the self storage industry;
- Provide self storage facilities and services without regard to religion, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability;
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws, regulations and ordinances;
- Provide a written agreement for all customers in the process of renting or leasing self storage space;
- Comply with the bylaws of the Self Storage Association.